Wednesday, January 4, 2012

the doggie dance

"I saw the creature fall, into the swamp from which he spawned,
I heard them laugh and say, "we never liked him anyway..."
-Mastodon

Well, it's been a while. This isn't so much a blog anymore. Instead, it's some sporadically-updated waste of Internet space. The holidays came and went, and were fun, thanks. Happy New Year. Those of you who see me on FB can see I've decided to use my kid-free time to reclaim my legal career, and I have to thank the good folks at Blackford & Flohr for that - it's a flexible job that helps fill in the gaps yet still permits me a good deal of freedom from day-to-day.

Oh, and for the sports enthusiasts out there? Redskins bad, Patriots deceptively good but really bad. Hasta luego.

Newt, my friend, they just don't love you. They love to lead you on and let you think that they love you just to watch you cavort and caper and do your doggie-dance on the living room floor so that the guests can get an easy laugh at your expense....but they're just pranking you, dude. They're truly waiting for meltdowns...like calling people liars and other verbal grenades (as you never fail to do). It's entertainment masking as politics.

And you didn't disappoint.

The sad thing about Newt is that he's clearly the boldest person in the 3-ring circus. He's got BIG IDEAS, not that I agree with them at all, but he's got the guts to tackle larger issues and is facile enough of mind that he can (at times) make sense. He's clearly a person with whom you could have an intellectual discussion with - or at the very least he'd make me (for example) feel very stupid when it comes to my understanding of certain policy issues with which I'm not well-versed in (like, say, most of them).

Who else in the Republican stable has that? Not the twin Ken dolls, Mitt R. and Rick P. (Mitt is "Ken" and Rick P. is "ruggedly dumb Ken"). Santorum is a bit wacky, like Bachman but not as appealing to the eye. Go ahead and vote for stodgy Jon Huntsman, Lord knows he needs a pick-me-up. Or roll the dice with Ron Paul, if you happen to enjoy his brand of "everything sucks."

Iowa was yesterday, and they flirted with ya, Newt, and left you outside to crap on the lawn so you wouldn't defile the carpet again. Forget 'em. Say it with me..."third party......" Do it. They'll love you for it. This time, they really will.

No comments:

Post a Comment